Thursday, April 12, 2012

TODAY'S CHAMORRO WORD : LÅ'LA'

sidsavara.com
LÅ' LA' : to live

Låla'la'.  Living.  It is alive.

Ti låla'la'.  It's not living.  It's not alive.

Lina'la'.  Life.

Gi todo i lina'lå'-ho.  In all my life.

Para todo i lina'lå'-ho.  For all my life.

Dångkulo bali-ña i lina'lå'-mo.  Your life has great worth.

Na' lå'la.  To make live.  To animate.

Si Jesus lumå'la' ta'lo.  Jesus came alive again.

Ha ofrerese hit si Yu'us nu i taihinekkok na lina'la'.  God offers us everlasting life.

1 comment:

  1. Gi todo i lina'lå'-ho. In all my life.

    The sentence is incomplete so therefore the language is difficult to translate. Rule is not to translate word for word but to determine how you say it and what is the reference.
    I am only writing to help correct the errors and not put down others. Remember the vowels or the alphabets in the chamorro language, it'll help you with writing.

    I've been waiting for you all my life.

    Translation

    Hagas hu nananga hao gi todus i tiempo i lina'lå hu

    ReplyDelete