Sunday, March 27, 2011

KÅDDUN TOFU


As I try to out-run the Grim Reaper, when I can, I cook as healthy as possible, using as many local ingredients as I can find (pesticide-free).

So here's a version of kåddu using the following ingredients :
  • gisa your seboyas, åhos and håsngot (onions, garlic, ginger) in olive oil
  • I put a dash of sesame seed oil to give it a hint of Asia
  • instead of asiga (salt) I use Braggs Amino Acids, which has all the essential amino acids
  • a touch of mirin, a sweet Japanese rice wine (make sure you use mirin and not Kirin, haha)
  • a touch of binaklen tuba (tuba vinegar)
  • throw in cubed tofu for protein
  • nå'ye todo klåsen gollai (throw in whatever veggies you have before they go bad)
  • I used shredded carrots and chopped mushroom
  • I cubed some kalamasa for the nutrients it has (especially betacarotene)
  • I added some garbanzo beans for more protein and for the high fiber it has to sweep out my gugat (arteries)
  • finally some puntan kalamasa (pumpkin tips) because I read it helps lower blood pressure (but I can't find that site now) and because it tastes so darned good
  • use low sodium broth, or water with vegetarian bouillon cubes or powder
  • LOW CALORIE - LOW FAT - LOW SODIUM - LOW SUGAR
  • HIGH PROTEIN - HIGH FIBER - HIGH NUTRIENTS - HIGH FLAVOR
  • WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?
Si Yu'us ma'åse' to all the kind people who drop off gollai for me at the Friary!

No comments:

Post a Comment