Thursday, December 26, 2013

I RINEKTON I MAN ÅMKO'



In the 1930s in Hagåtña :

Ocho åños ha' yo' guihe na tiempo ya eståba na tumotohge yo' gi bentåna, hu a'atan todo i maloloffan gi sanhiyong.
(I was only eight years old at that time and I was standing at the window, watching all that was passing by outside.)

Måtto si tiå-ho, ni che'lon nanå-ho, i mas åmko' gi mañe'lo.
(My aunt came, my mother's sister, the oldest of the siblings.)

Ilek-ña, "Håye na låhe un a'atan!"
(She said, "What boy are you looking at!")

"Bai na' minagågon ganggotche hao ya bai kandålo i kuåtto!"
("I'm going to clothe you in gunny sack and lock the room!")

Dalai gue', ocho åños ha' yo'!  Håfa mohon tiningo'-ho pot låhe!
(The nerve of her, I was only eight!  What would I know about boys!)

No comments:

Post a Comment