From a list of Chamorro government officials in the 1830s. On the island of Luta :
Mayor : Angel Taiquinene
Vice Mayor : Ignacio Hocog
Agricultural Officer : Pedro Songsong
Neighborhood Leaders : Angel Taiquinene, Borja Taimañao, Mariano Matantaotao, Luís Songsong
1. The "Mayor" was called, in Spanish, the Gobernadorcillo, meaning "little Governor."
2. The "Vice Mayor" was called, in Spanish, the Teniente, related to the word lieutenant, as in Lieutenant Governor.
3. The "Agricultural Officer" was called, in Spanish, the Juez de Palmas, Sementeras y Animales, or the Judge of Palms, Fields and Animals.
4. The "Neighborhood Leaders" were called, in Spanish, the Cabezas de Barangay, or Heads of the Barangay. Barangay meant a neighborhood or a district.
5. The man named Borja Taimañao had, as a first or personal name, Borja, which isn't surprising since the patron of Luta's church was San Francisco de Borja.