Tuesday, January 23, 2018

KÅNTA : BUENAS KORASON-HO



BUENAS KORASON-HO
kinanta as (sung by) Arnold Kaipat






Buenas korason-ho.
(Hello my heart.)
Bai hu nangga hao
(I will wait for you)
sa' hågo ha' guinaiya-ko
(because you alone are my love)
todo i tiempo.
(at all times.)

Buenas noches mañaina-ho. (1)
(Good evening my elders.)
Oppe yo' pot kilisyåno. (2)
(Answer me because I am a Christian.)
Måtto yo' bai fan nå'e notisia
(I have come to give notice)
na manguaiya 'u nu hagå-mo.
(that I love your daughter.)

Esta nene mås de dies åños
(It's been more than ten years baby)
de hu nanangga akseptå-mo.
(that I have waited for your acceptance.)
Håfa nene nai desision-mo?
(What is your decision, baby?)
Sa' guåho esta yo' prepåra.
(Because I am already prepared.)

I kattå-mo ni un hanågue yo'.
(Your letter which you sent me.)
I fitmå-mo i labios-mo.
(Your signature with your lips.)
Lao bai sångan nene gi taiguine.
(But I will say it baby like this.)
Hågo ha' gi korason-ho.
(You alone are in my heart.)


NOTES

(1) Buenas noches mañaina-ho. In the old days, a young man could never deal with the girl one-on-one. He always had to gain her parents' approval. So a young man would act his best, come around the house a lot, rake the yard, pick up trash, help with whatever projects needed to be done, in order to win the parents' good graces.

(2) Oppe yo' pot kilisyåno. Religion was very much present in the minds of many people back then. They were aware of their Christian duties. The young man is saying, "Answer me, because I am a Christian," or he could mean, "Answer me, because you are Christians and it's the Christian thing to do, the charitable thing to do, to answer me."

No comments:

Post a Comment